Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A slight detour! -- A Blues Clues birthday party!

I know this isn't scrapbook related... but we had my son's 2nd birthday party this last weekend. He actually doesn't turn 2 for a few more days, but with the holiday we had to celebrate early.
Eventually you will see these as a scrap layout, but I just wanted to share because I worked really hard on it all!

Blues Clues cupcakes in the making. I am using royal icing and the template from Nickjr.com to make these. I had to do this twice... my first attempt was less than glamorous. So practice made perfect!

One of the items for the goodie bags... blue candies.

Because Blues Clues isn't "in" right now... there were no party bags, plates etc that I could buy- unless paying extra online (not to mention shipping) was the direction I wanted to go. So I decided to just make my own bags and turn them into an activity. So I looked up pictures of the characters online and freehand drew them onto the bags. Then the kids were able to decorate their bags.

My birthday boy
And big brother. I found Blues Clues stickers at the local dollar store. The kids had fun with those!

And the cupcakes finished product!
I wanted the cupcake cups to be vibrant and not washed out like cupcake cups usually get... so I baked them in plain white ones and just placed them into the fun blue/green cups after they were baked.



Decorations... this is one of my favorite parts of a party because the kids always love seeing the house decorated for them. Quinn was really excited when he woke up and saw it all.

I wanted the little ones to be able to play pin the paw on Blue... And Nickjr.com has a print out you can use for this, but my printer sucks. So I ended up just drawing Blue on a poster board and doing it that way. Not beautiful, but it works.

We also played Blues Clues with the kids. I made them all handy dandy notebooks and they ran around finding paw prints (also thanks to Nickjr.com). Somehow I didn't end up getting a photo of the finished notebooks and we were too busy running around finding clues in order to take pictures of the kids doing it. They had a blast though. They especially liked being able to figure out what Blue wanted on their own.

Seth wants a Lego party for his birthday... so stay tuned in a few months for that!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment